Generation System Protection
PROT600 is a comprehensive course of the design and methods used in protecting electrical power generation systems. This course incorporates traditional as well as modern techniques in power system relaying. Students will learn from live lectures from a practicing professional engineer with international experience. This course will discuss theory, exercises as well as practical applications.
About the Trainer
Ryan is a registered Professional Engineer in United States, Canada and the Philippines. He has over 16 years of working experience in industrial sectors, utility power and renewables. At present, he is a Senior Protection & Control Engineer working for one of United States leading power engineering firm. He is a member of the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
Course Available by February 5, 2024
- Power system faults
- Synchronous generator overview
- Generating station arrangements
- Generator grounding methods
- Generator fault calculations and exercises
- Stator phase fault protection – percentage differential, high-impedance differential, self-balancing differential
- Turn-to-turn fault protection
- Ground fault protection and exercises
- Thermal, current unbalance and motoring protection – 46 Negative sequence protection
- Loss-of-field (LOF) protection and exercises
- Overexcitation protection – 24 volts/hertz
- Over-voltage protection – 59
- Abnormal frequency protection – 81
- Out-of-step protection – 78
- Breaker failure protection
- Manual calculation exercises
Q: What is the format of this course?
A: Asynchronous learning that include recorded lectures you can access anytime 24 hours a day. The course include recorded lectures, quizzes to test what you learned, assignments to further challende your understanding and feedback from the instructor on your answers.
Q: Why asynchronous learning?
A: We belive this instruction delivery is better suited for busy professionals like yourself. This allows all the oppotunity needed to fully absorb the material and at the same time provides schedule flexiblity. Just think of the formal degress like MSEE offered online by recognized universities locally and abroad.
Q: What if I have questions?
A: There are Q&A sections in each lesson where you can ask questions and get answers directly from the instructor. You can also send emails to us.
Q: What if my questions are complicated?
A: We will create video lectures to answer your questions and upload them into the Q&A section. This will become a live repository of all questions from past and present students where everyone can learn from each others questions.
Q: What else can I expect from this course?
A: This course include discussion of theories, practical applications, manual calculations showing steps, demonstrations via software (excel, ETAP or SKM), correlation with actual projects design/experience of the trainer.
Q: How long do I have access to the course?
A: You have 8 weeks access to the course. Length can be extended for extensive courses.
Q: Can I use this training to claim for CPD points?
A: We will issue a course completion certificate. You can then use the certificate to claim for self directed CPD points credit. Please refer to PRC CPDAS website for the procedure to claim.
- Fill-up and submit the imbedded Google form below. When using mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), the Google Form height may not fit in your browser. Make sure to scroll down until you find the blue Submit Button at the end of the form. If it doesn’t work, try this option Click Here Directly Fill-up PROT600 Google Form
- You will receive registration confirmation from Google. Check your spam folder and inbox.
- Pay the registration fee. Click Here for payment methods details (via bank deposit & G-Cash).
- Once payment is made, send us an email at email@example.com with your payment details (transaction number, date, amount).
- We will send your login credentials.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to make sure you will receive notification and reminders.
Ready to get started?