Generation System Protection
PROT600 is a comprehensive course of the design and methods used in protecting electrical power generation systems. This course incorporates traditional as well as modern techniques in power system relaying. Students will learn from live lectures from a practicing professional engineer with international experience. This course will discuss theory, exercises as well as practical applications.
About the Trainer
Ryan is a registered Professional Engineer in United States, Canada and the Philippines. He has over 16 years of working experience in industrial sectors, utility power and renewables. At present, he is a Senior Protection & Control Engineer working for one of United States leading power engineering firm. He is a member of the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
- Dates: TBD. Fill-up below Google Form to be notified.
- Time: 6-11pm Philippine time
- Last Day to Register: TBD
- Total Course Duration: 40 hours
- CPD: Self directed
- Power system faults
- Synchronous generator overview
- Generating station arrangements
- Generator grounding methods
- Generator fault calculations and exercises
- Stator phase fault protection – percentage differential, high-impedance differential, self-balancing differential
- Turn-to-turn fault protection
- Ground fault protection and exercises
- Thermal, current unbalance and motoring protection – 46 Negative sequence protection
- Loss-of-field (LOF) protection and exercises
- Overexcitation protection – 24 volts/hertz
- Over-voltage protection – 59
- Abnormal frequency protection – 81
- Out-of-step protection – 78
- Breaker failure protection
- Lecture notes and manual calculation exercises
- Lecture via live online Zoom meeting using a combination of presentation and manual lecture in a Blackboard application
- Discussion of theories, practical applications, manual calculations
- Demonstrations via software (excel, ETAP or SKM)
- Correlation with actual projects design/experience of the trainer
- Participants receive Handout materials and uploaded lecture notes after every session
How to register
- Read course description.
- Fill and submit the imbedded Google below or Click Here Directly Fill-up PROT600 Google Form
- You will receive registration confirmation from Google. Check your spam folder and inbox.
- Pay the registration fee by the indicated due dates. Click Here for payment methods details (via bank deposit & G-Cash).
- Once payment is made, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your payment details (transaction number, date, amount).
- We will send you Zoom meeting invites and handout materials a week before the start.
- Add email@example.com your contact list to make sure you will receive notification and reminders.
Fill-up and Submit Google Form below. Make sure to click on the blue Submit Button at the end of the form. Check your email for confirmation.
Note: When using mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), the Google Form height may not fit in your browser. Make sure to scroll down until you find the blue Submit Button. If it doesn’t work, try this option Click Here Directly Fill-up PROT600 Google Form