Industrial Power System Protection
Learn the fundamentals of industrial power system protection to jumpstart your career. Electrical engineers, electricians and electrical engineering professionals will benefit from this extensive course by learning from a practicing professional engineer.
About the Trainer
Ryan is a registered Professional Engineer in United States, Canada and the Philippines. He has over 16 years of working experience in industrial sectors, utility power and renewables. At present, he is a Senior Protection & Control Engineer working for one of United States leading power engineering firm. He is a member of the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
- Dates: March 24, April 1,8,15,22,29, May 13/20/27, June 3
- Time: 6-10pm Philippine time
- Last Day to Register: Closed
- Total Course Duration: 40 hours
- CPD: Self directed
- Power system faults – generator equations, Thevenin equivalent circuit, fault on radial line, fault on looped system
- Symmetrical components. Sequence networks – transmission line, generators, transformers, radial system, looped system
- Relay design concepts – digital relay architecture, analog to digital conversion, relay algorithms, digital filtering
- Instrument transformers – current transformers (steady-state analysis, transient analysis), voltage transformers
- Industrial power system topology – radial system, looped system
- Industrial system grounding – ungrounded, solidly grounded, low-impedance, high-resistance grounding
- Equipment damage and protection basics – cable, transformer, motor
- Protection systems – power system protection and control, DC tripping, zones of protection, circuit breakers, primary protection, backup protection, remote backup, local backup
- Feeder/line protection – instantaneous overcurrent element (50), inverse-time overcurrent element (51), Overhead line protection.
- Introduction to line distance protection, line directional overcurrent protection and line pilot protection.
- Overcurrent device coordination
- Transformer protection – protection by fuse, protection by low voltage circuit breakers, protection by relays, restricted earth fault (REF) protection, thermal protection, sudden-pressure protection
- Motor protection – low voltage motor protection, protection for high-power induction motor with breaker and with contactor, motor thermal protection, motor short-circuit protection
- Lecture notes and manual calculation exercises
- Lecture via live online Zoom meeting using a combination of presentation and manual lecture in a Blackboard application
- Discussion of theories, practical applications, manual calculations
- Demonstrations via software (excel, ETAP or SKM)
- Correlation with actual projects design/experience of the trainer
- Participants receive Handout materials and uploaded lecture notes after every session
How to register
- Read course description.
- Fill and submit the imbedded Google below or Click Here Directly Fill-up PROT400 Google Form
- You will receive registration confirmation from Google. Check your spam folder and inbox.
- Pay the registration fee by the indicated due dates. Click Here for payment methods details (via bank deposit & G-Cash).
- Once payment is made, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your payment details (transaction number, date, amount).
- We will send you Zoom meeting invites and handout materials a week before the start.
- Add email@example.com your contact list to make sure you will receive notification and reminders.
Fill-up and Submit Google Form below. Make sure to click on the blue Submit Button at the end of the form. Check your email for confirmation.
Note: When using mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), the Google Form height may not fit in your browser. Make sure to scroll down until you find the blue Submit Button. If it doesn’t work, try this option Click Here Directly Fill-up PROT400 Google Form